Nexmo API standards
This is a living document containing the Nexmo API standards. We’ll be discussing
new standards in
#api-standards on Slack, so please join us if you’re interested
Open API Spec
General API Guidelines
These are general API guidelines that I haven’t found a home for yet
- Updating resources will fail if required parameters are not set.
- Unsent optional parameters will not be overwritten with default values.
- Response for a POST or GET will be the same resource.
- All APIs that allow updating a resource will also allow fetching a resource.
- In each context properties that are always unknown may be omitted. For example: a request to sending an SMS never contains DLR data.
- Properties that are potentially unknown should be included, but without a value. For example, if the Cloud Communications Platform cannot call the phone number defined in a request from Call API, the return properties will not have a valid
Contributing to These Standards
These standards are on GitHub at https://github.com/Nexmo/api-standards. Vonage employees may submit pull requests to propose changes or improve these standards at any time.